Take these new tools out for a whirl.
1) i-ENVY by KISS 360 Flawless Curl Eyelash Curler: A patent-pending wide opening and cage-free structure allows users to curl both natural lashes and falsies simultaneously with ease.
2) Body Toolz Tweezer Trio: The precision tips of these stainless steel tweezers will nab even the finest hairs. The trio includes Slant, Point and Slant/ Point Tweezers, each featuring a slick black enamel finish and design.
3) Illumino Lashes Volume Crane Tweezers: Made of super-lightweight, durable Japanese steel, these smart tweezers resist corrosion better than standard metal tweezers. Major bonus: Its ergonomic shape helps minimize strain and stress on hands while performing Volume lashing.
Private Label Love
1) Colorlab Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick: Eight new hues, from bright pink Well Said to coral Feel the Heat, give salons looking to offer clients a matte lip fix a highly pigmented formulation that lays down a flexible flat finish minus cracking.
2) Brushes by Karen Unicorn Brushes: You’d have to be living under a rock to not know about the unicorn craze in beauty. These five mystical brushes capture the whimsy of the trend with gorgeous purple-tipped synthetic bristles and swirling “unicorn” handles made from sturdy plastic.
When it comes to retailing lash cleanser, Amanda Jacobellis, CEO of Makeup Mandy Eyelash Bar and Makeup Studio in Los Angeles and creator of LAshX, offers this tip: “We bring every new client back to a pretty lash washing station and show them how to wash their lashes before the application. This acts as a primer, let’s the client know she’ll be going home with the cleanser as part of her lash maintenance and helps educate her so when she gets home she uses the product correctly.”
From Lashes to Color
Two of your favorite lash brands have entered the color cosmetics arena!
1) Lash Affair by J. Paris Makeup: Zeroing in on extension-safe makeup and treatment, the line features three products: felt-tip Eyeliner Pen in Brown and Black, flexible HD Mascara and Lash and Brow Growth Serum.
2) Ardell Beauty: With a falsies fan base that grows by the minute, the strip lash company is delving into color cosmetics to deliver the complete beauty package to brand loyalists. A soft launch of five innovation-pushing products, including Wispies Fiber Building Mascara, Stroke a Brow Feathering Pen, Hydra Lipstick, Double Up Volumizing Mascara and Eyeresistible Shadow Stick, is available in Sally Beauty stores now, with 180 SKUs rounding out the full launch in August.
Extension Endurance Insurance
If extension retention is decreasing due to a client’s at-home washing habits, turn her on to EndureLash Combo Pack. Made with an organic bamboo blend, the eco-friendly, reusable Organic Eye Make-up Removal Cloth guarantees snag-free makeup removal while the Organic Drying Cloth, crafted from organic French terry, minimizes catching and won’t leave lint on lashes.